Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Saw Something Horrible Today :-(

I had just sat down to drink some water and eat a bbq sandwich at the airport. A lady behind me spilled a drink and kept on walking, but an airport hostess immediately started over to clean it. Before she could get 5 steps, another lady slid on it and fell hard on her knee. I *heard* the bones shatter. She was in her mid 50's or so, and since she was only about 8 feet from me, I turned to race over to her, but there were others already helping her, so I just sat back down and stayed out of the way. There was no way for me to move away anyway, so I just sat. The airport security was on the scene radioing for an Emergency Response Unit to come that way, another was getting ice on the knee - which was already horribly blue/purple and swelling in front of our eyes. It was a horrible break.

The lady started saying "Oh God! Oh God!" to which all the emergency personel were reassuring her that there was help on the way and not to worry, but she said, "my chest..." and turned blue - just that fast. They radioed for a defribulator and laid her down and started CPR. In no time at all, the Emergency buggy was there, stablilzed her foot while still performing CPR, loaded her on the cart and was cutting her shirt off as they raced her off amid dozens of people.

That poor woman :-(

She had 4 or 5 carry on bags with her, and since we were eating in a mall court like setting with numerous tables for all the food places, I can only assume she wanted one type of food and those traveling with her went other places and were going to meet back with her to eat. The airport security took all her bags and kept asking if anyone was with her. Can you imagine??

I lost my appetite and threw my food away. I have prayed for her all day. I hope she is ok. May God be with her. I hope they found her family.

1 comment:

Rycon Payne said...

Oh wow, now I see why you've been telling me to read this. Not only is it horrible that this happened to this woman, and that you had to see it, but it's all made worse by no one being able to find anyone who knew her. I do hope she is ok, and that those who are close to her heard what happened quickly to be by her side.