Saturday, September 2, 2017

Sew-Therapy

I am healing nicely from the port.  To keep my mind off of it I have to stay busy.  Ok, let's be honest, I have to stay busy all the time.  For some reason, I feel if I rest a moment I am wasting precious time.  So I am always busy; sewing, crocheting, cleaning, laundry, quilting, gardening... whatever.  I have been this way all my life, like the energizer bunny... going, going, going until I drop.  Snooze, wake and go again.

So today I am working on fair projects!  I am having a nice time doing so.  One project is a wall hanging:  



Not finished yet, but close.  The triangles on the left will be a fish with bones.  I didn't have any white embroidery floss so I cannot do that today.  All I have to do after that is bind it and add something to hang it from on the back!

I am working on a few other projects; not going to tell you yet, but I will give you a few hints:  





There are moments when I find the old me and I love it.  Since the infusion, I seem to have a few more of those moments.  I hope I am not dreaming this up.

And I have since found out that the 'rash' around my port surgery is actually a Tegaderm allergy.  Don't really know what that means, but like I said before, it is just itchy not painful.

So today was a rough day in other ways, but I just kept really, really busy.  I cannot elaborate on why, and I always feel guilty continuously asking form prayers, but we need them.  God knows right where to place those blessings.  Please keep us in prayer in the coming week.

Off to force myself to rest, but first, I will indulge in the yummy, "no sugar added" ice cream.  It really IS delicious.  

No comments: