Sunday, September 24, 2017

Holidays On Parade 2017


 Since I have been so lax at blogging for sometime now, I will just have to back up some days and catch up with the fun stuffs that has happened while I was being a slacker.

In May of every year, our Oklahoma Home and Community Education (OHCE) group has a all day event.  We have lots of crafty types of demonstrations, taste testing, food and awesome decorations.

This year,  the theme was "Once Upon an Apron".  Everyone was encouraged to wear an apron; either a mom's apron, a treasured apron or a new apron.  We made aprons for dish soap bottles (remember those?) and decorated the tables with them.  The decorations came out absolutely adorable!  It took a while to dress all those dish soap bottles... 




And then put them all on the tables:




We had a friend who collects aprons give an apron history lesson which, 
by the way, was very enlightening!



She had some really adorable aprons!



We had lots of demonstrations on how to make different crafts:




Everyone brought aprons to display:




And as I said, we asked everyone to wear aprons...



I love the lady below!  Her name is Rose and she is always wearing a hat.  She has my heart.  If you know me, you know I love hats.  I just never seem to feel comfy wearing them - but she always has one on.  She just makes me smile.



We also had a raffle and had some awesome donations:



We had a great time.  We set it up all day on Monday, and the event is on Tuesday.  Wayne and Steve are always helping with the set up.  Wayne is our cook - he smokes meat for our event.  This year, Steve helped Wayne carry it in, slice the meat and do refills.  I think they might have even had fun visiting... but they both said learned WAY more about aprons than either of them cared to know.



 And the winners of the best aprons were:


Oldest apron (left) was over 100 years old, and cutest was on the right.  

Now don't you wish you would have been there?