Wednesday, March 1, 2017

The Cumberland

As I said before, since I don't get out of our little area much, I sew.  I was blessed, for Christmas and my birthday, this last year with Steve insisting I get a 'good' sewing machine. Well, did I ever!  We purchased a nice Baby Lock Unity - and my goodness - do I love that machine!  I guess it is like my Harley!  Lol...

So the first quilt I have made on it was the Cumberland.  It is such a pretty quilt - I absolutely love the colors in it!  I think I need to remake this one for Steve and I.  It is so warm and cozy.

The Cumberland is all finished now and ready to give, as a gift, to a niece that is getting married soon.  I hope she loves it as much as I do!




I am posting the above picture so you can get an idea of colors I used in it.  As I said, I just love them!  The beige on the side is the backing, the salmon color is the binding.

You can see below how it came out.



This is my first ever corner stone with my new machine!  Didn't it come out great?  I think I am in love with my Baby Lock Unity!





And my first ever signature block is finished!  I will indeed have it dated with my name under the dedication as well.  Stay tuned for an update...


So that is what I do with my time, I shop at fabric stores, I "take big pieces and cut them into little pieces, then I switch them all around and make big pieces again" - Steve's assumption of what I do. 

I have just recently started making quilts for gifts.  This is actually my first wedding gift one - and I think I have some catching up to do.  But now I have a reason to quilt!  GIFTS!

And that makes my heart sing.

1 comment:

Red said...

It is a pretty quilt!
And yes, you need to make one for us!