Friday, February 24, 2017

So, January 2 I Started a New Diet...



The pain I have lived with so many years just kept getting worse and worse.  My ankles could not support me without causing misery.  I had to go to a physical therapist/ chiropractor several times a month just to survive.  I couldn't walk far without stopping I tears.  My entire body was inflamed and ached through and through.  My bones even hurt!  I gained more weight, of course... if you can't walk, excercise or move without agonizing pain, how could I not?

I had a friend that I had met in Bayou Vista call me probably in Nov or Dec last year.  I met Renee inTulsa while her hubby was at a gun (?) show.  We went to lunch, laughed, talked and had a wonderful visit.  During the visit, of course we caught up on each other.  As usual, my frustration was high, I bawled and she sat and listened.  She hugged me.  She prayed with me.  And she suggested a large part of my pain was food.  Here we go again... give up bread, sweets, all the good stuff...

But I shut up and listened.  I hated where I was in life - killing myself with anger (at myself), food, self-pity from my circumstances and bery, very ill.  Why bother?  But,  I listened.  And it clicked.  What would it hurt?  So after separating, I researched for weeks and finally came upon the Whole 30 Diet.  It takes away all the bad stuff for 30 days; you only eat meat, veggies and fruit.  No limit on amounts, just don't have anything else.  You only commit for 30 days before reintroduction of potential problems; one at a time.

I did it!  It was a very difficult month and when I wasn't strong, Steve was strong enough to redirect me.  And when I started adding the food back, I found my inflammers!

LEGUMES!!  Yes, BEANS!

And SUGAR!

I have mild reaction to gluten, corn and dairy - but very tolerable even when I do indulge - which is few and far between.

Not so with sugar or beans.  I cannot function.  At all!

So, now I am very aware of my inflammers thanks to the Whole 30, and I stay away from them.  And since I am aware of what I put in my mouth, I watch... and  I can walk... and the weight is coming off!

And more importantly

While I do have pain, it is no comparison to what I suffered prior to this diet.  I can now focus on getting as healthy and enjoy the life I am living!

That is sweet.

Thank you Renee.  You saved my life.  ❤️



No comments: