Monday, June 27, 2016

Our Veggie Garden


Most mornings, bright and early, I step out into the wee hours of the morning and start pulling grass.  Our garden started out late this year, but it is on track to make a whopper crop.  I thought I would share a few pictures - we have done a lot this year! 

Steve bought hog panels and bent them for the beans and cucumbers:






Tomatoes are just on straight hog panels:





He has set up a watering system which mostly works - until it doesn't:




In the background of the above picture you can see the fruit trees we planted this year; 6 peach. 2 plum and 3 apple!  They are supported by 2x2 stakes until they get going good.


I also bought 2 blueberry bushes which were full of berries this year!  We have not put them out in the fruit 'orchard' yet as we are waiting for the harvest.  I think I am getting taken here though, because I see some berries getting very close to ripe and they suddenly disappear!  Me thinks there are chickens that beat me to them!




All of this is worth it.  Today's harvest was nice:


We are getting more self sufficient every year.  I go to the grocery store less and less, use more from our canning closet and freezers.  What a terrific feeling!


Today, after working in the garden for several hours, a couple of friends and I went for pedicures - their first ever!  I think they are hooked!  It was sure a nice break from the farm grindstone:



And no matter how ugly my feet are, the ladies giving the pedicures can always make them pretty:


1 comment:

anna said...

Always naturally grown article are the best treatment for the good health