Tuesday, June 21, 2016

"Do Nothing" "Turning 20 Again" "Hear The Music" Quilt

 I am an avid fabric collector.  I love going to fabric stores and collecting fabric to make quilts with.  Sometimes I have a theme, other times, the fabric just intrigues me and I buy it for a project not even on the horizon.

Sometimes I have patterns.  Some are intricate and some are very easy.  I need the very easy ones to go between the ones that take all the thought a person can use - and some friend's input to help out.  One of the quilt patterns I use is called a Turning 20 Again.  You take 20 Fat Quarters and cut them all out and use them to make the quilt.

Well, my daughter borrowed my Turning 20 Again pattern and knowing I was better off buying my own, I set out to find one.  I went to a local quilt store and asked if they had a Turning 20 Again pattern to which the clerk said "no".  As she walked to the back, the owner of the store asked her what I was looking for and she stated, "She wanted a Turning 20 Again pattern." The owner said, "That is a do nothing quilt, I won't even bother to carry that pattern!"

Imagine my surprise...  A 'do nothing quilt' uses HER fabric - fabric she should want to sell and should not give a rats last how it is used or what pattern it is used in!  I was flabbergasted!  A FABRIC STORE OWNER saying this!

Ask me if I will ever walk back into her store again... 



So here is my Do Nothing Turning 20 Again "Hear the Music!" quilt:




Just a fun, easy going, relaxing pattern.  

I think I like it!

Going to work on another Do Nothing Quilt... thankyouverymuch.



No comments: