Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Decisions and Dilemmas

So many things have happened over the last year... I still feel like our home is not 'ours' yet.  We haven't had time to paint the rooms yet.  We painted the living room, I thought it was a pretty yellow, but it is a lemon yellow.  I have dealt with it for months and I hate it even more.  

A few months ago, I bought several different colors of yellow paint and slathered them on the walls.  One is fluorescent, one is orange like a pumpkin and one is just yucky.  Finally I found one - Buttery is the name.  It is nearly the same color as margarine.  I am going with it next.  Here's hopin'!

Finally, I know I want to go with blues and yellows in the living room - sorta like this:



Well, maybe not THAT blue, but you get the idea... I want buttery walls and blue/white with the loot I brought back from Singapore.  So that is where I am going with this... 


However, we have a fireplace in the living room and I have had trouble trying to get a picture or something to go above it.  Last week, I saw an ad on a local facebook page for a headboard with matching mirror for $30.  I bought them both and brought them home.  My intention was to use the headboard for a lattice (have you seen the price of lattice?) for clematis and vines in the garden.  

Here is a picture of it leaning up by the house (not in place in the garden):



Pretty for lattice work, right?  WHOOT!


But the mirror that came 'free' with it... what was I going to do with it?

I set it in the living room until I could sell it... and of course, I didn't ever get around to it.


Then I had this wild hair:




Ok, so it is leaning up to the wall right now - not in place - but I think if I paint it flat black (like wrought iron) it will look great against the buttery wall.  I even think it will look fine with my blue/white stuffs in there...  especially if I put some blue/white on the mantel.  What do you think?

Decisions, decisions... have I ever said I was not an interior decorator?

And finally, a dilemma... I have GARTH BROOKS tickets for tomorrow night!  I have really struggled with going to see him.  I love Garth and everything he is.  He is a stand-up guy (he gave up a raging career because was more important to raise his kids!), he is down to earth (we see Trisha and him shopping in our little town and they are both 'one of us') and he has a heart of gold.  Let's face it, Garth is an easy guy to love in so many ways...

But since I have no immune system and the flu is raging in our area!  Where else better to go to 'catch' it than an arena with 17,000 people shoulder to shoulder singing (spewing droplets) of  God knows what??

*sigh*

I have about decided to toss in the towel and go see Garth. Believe me, I am struggling with this.  Seriously struggling.  I hope I make the right decision.  I could sell those tickets in a heartbeat 10 minutes before the concert... and I guess I still might.  

But I love Garth.  

I don't love the flu or the idea of subjecting myself unneccesarily.

But for Garth?

I might have to do it... but will I regret it?  

*UGH!*

Speaking of the flu.  Punkin' has it and she has an awful case of it.  Please keep her in your prayers.

 That is all today, folks... and tomorrow

Is Garth!

No comments: