Saturday, October 18, 2014

Randomness... Fire Circle and Horse

With all those pallets of rocks we got last year, we have been continuously using them on our property.  

While Jeremy was here, we finally (almost) finished our fire circle.  It is outside our backdoor, near our patio.  We loving being able to take sticks, branches and trees that have fallen on the property and put in it.  I think it is 12 feet across - HUGE!  Large enough to handle our tree trash and family s'more cookouts when we all get together.   :-)

The reason I say 'almost' finished... see the bottom left hand corner topsy turvey?  



Yeah, it doesn't work for me.  We are going to have to work on it, but do you see how many rocks are in this fire circle?


 No one felt like getting it *right* that day.  We will do it another day.  I still like it, don't you?


Do you remember me telling you how big Steph's horse, Clyde, is?  My hubby is 6'2" and here he is working with Clyde.  Now you have something to compare this 'little' guy to.  Yes, he is huge!




And he is a love... He has a terrific, curious and fun personality.  And just look at his brown/blue eyes!




Steph and Todd are working on the last of the fence/gates on their property to bring their horses home.  They should be at their place in this next two weeks.  We are going to miss them, but we know they need to be near the girls.  Instead of being sad about them leaving and moving 2.5 miles away, we have something coming to take over their huge pasture here...


CATTLE!!  


Coming soon - in November!


And I think they will be 'expecting' when they come... which means babies in the spring!  How handy to have in-laws we can buy cattle from!


Always something fun to look forward to on the farm.  :-)



I just realized, my blogs are automatically e-mailed to some people who may not even be the least bit interested in it any more.  If you are not, can you let me know so I can quit boring you with my ramblings?  

No comments: