Thursday, July 3, 2014

What in the World was I Thinking?

So everyone that knows me knows I love junking... garage sales, estate sales, junk stores... any place that has 'old' stuff.

Last week I went to an estate sale and they were selling at 50% off.  I came across some wonderful sewing machines; 1 for $30 and one for $40.  Take a look at them:


Machine 1 is an antique 'red eye' Singer, made in the 1920's.  $30:



Complete with cabinet: 



And serial number:





Machine #2 is a Singer, don't know anything about it except it sews like a charm and was $40.  

It was the original one I fell in love with:



Complete with 'new' old cabinet:




Love everything about this machine.  The sound of the motor with it running, the way it feels to sew on it and the look.

Originally, I thought I could put this machine in the red eye cabinet.  That is why I bought the other - loved its cabinet and the regular Singer machine.

What was I thinking?  The other is a treadle machine!


It. Won't. Work.


Now my questions:

Why did I buy them?  

Why did I love them so much?

What the heck am I going to do with them?

What the heck was I thinking? 


I am sure I wasn't.

Anyone want two machines?  I will sell them for what I bought them for.


But they sure are purty.





No comments: