Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Quilts for Fun

Our quilt group in Tulsa makes quilts for wheel chair bound patients.  Usually, they save it all for an all night quilt retreat and make as many as possible.  Michele, our leader, saves scraps and we sew them together that night.  

I can't stay at an all night retreat, but I stayed as long as I could and sewed.  Obviously, I didn't finish them, but I brought my quilts home and finished them.  A friend bound one for me - I have so much pain and numbness in my left hand I can't control small stitching, and my right hand isn't much better.  I tried to bind two, but it was such a shabby job, I just let Claudia do the last one.  You can tell which I did, believe me.  Shabby job.


Anyhoo, here are the three I took to Michele last week:







I promised Michele that I would do one a month.  I bet I have enough scraps around here that I can do that easily!  They are really quick and fun to make.  Most of the fabric you see here was donated.  The only one that wasn't entirely donated fabric was the lavender one.  I bought some of that fabric.  Amazingly, I thought I would hate the strawberry quilt, but I don't!  I think they all three came out pretty stinkin' cute, don't you think?

Quilting is so relaxing to me... and now I have found something to do with my scraps.  

Still looking for that money tree.  Have you seen it?  I want to buy more fabric!

No comments: