Saturday, July 5, 2014

Fishin' With Family


A couple of weeks ago, we went to Eufaula Lake and went fishing with the family.  Rod and mother met us at Uncle Weldon's for the weekend.  We went out in the boat, and though I couldn't fish, everyone else fished and caught fish!  That weekend was really bad for me - it was all I could do to walk - throwing a rod was not an option.  However, it was nice to go out in the boat and enjoy the scenery.  I even picked up my camera a few times!

Here are Uncle Weldon and Rod, chatting as we are heading out onto the lake:



Aunt Sandra is deeply engrossed in fishing - something she takes as seriously as Uncle Weldon.  In fact, Aunt Sandra won a Salmon fishing contest in Alaska recently!  She won another trip BACK to Alaska.  She went back for the winners trip the next year and won again!  

She didn't want to go back to prove she could do it three times in a row - but I think that is the coolest story!



When I first met Steve's mom, she HATED dogs.  She hated them so bad I thought she would never even touch one.  She really had an aversion to dogs... cats... all critters in fact. 

Guess what?  Her and Rod have a dog and she treats that dog better than she does most people!  Lol... she LOVES Ellis.  His really name is L.S.  because they called him Little Shi*.  When the vet asked his name, they consented to Ellis.  Lol... and then he became a Big Shi* anyway... and we all know what BS stands for!

Here is mother and her precious Ellis:



Yeah, he is their baby!  I just cannot quit humoring myself with the fact THEY HAVE A DOG!!



Here is a close-up pic of His Royal Highness Ellis... I think I like the name "LS" better  ;-)




And finally, the most special guy I know... my hubby.




Being on the lake was nice.  I wish I could enjoy it as much as I used to.  Going anywhere takes huge amounts of energy from me.  I just like hanging out at home these days... but the lake and family was nice.

I will keep looking for those 'spoons' - I know they are around here somewhere.  I have WAY too much life to live to be short of spoons this soon! 

July 10th is my next Dr appointment - I am holding my breath he can get me on the road to feeling better.  He said he cannot 'fix' me, but he can give me a shot at feeling better.  That is all I can hope for...

...and more spoons.

No comments: