Thursday, July 31, 2014

Another One Bites the Dust!

This is why I don't blog!  I don't do anything except visit my chickens and sew quilts!

I had a pile of blocks leftover from my Hello Sunshine! quilt - I guess I was thinking I would sew a king sized quilt - and actually sewed a queen size.  I was looking at them the day before yesterday trying to figure out what I was going to do with all those leftover blocks.  I counted them and figured I had enough to make another lap quilt with a few alterations.  So.. I started sewing them together and this is what I finished with at the end of the day:



Not bad for a 'leftover' quilt, is it?  I kinda like it!  A lot!


Remember those 'jelly roll' quilts?  Sharon made one with another jelly roll she had.  She brought it over to show me and she said she hates it right now, but I showed her some batik to bind it with and I think it is going to be gorgeous!  Can't wait to show you this finished product!  Here it is now:



What am I working on next?  Well, several quilts, but the one I am really trying to focus on is a Quilt of Valor (or two) to donate.  Here are the beginnings - all donated fabrics:



But first, the garden calls...

I am fire roasting tomatoes this morning for sauces; spaghetti, lasagne and tomato sauce:

 


And after that, I get to go pick up Hello Sunshine! from the quilter!  

ASK me if I am excited!  

I dare ya!


No comments: