Wednesday, May 28, 2014

So I Went to South Louisiana with a Friend...

I took a week off and went for a crawfish run to Louisiana with a friend.  We brought 250 POUNDS of those mudbugs back for a boil!  Enjoyed every moment of the run AND of the boil!

I had high hopes of visiting all those treasured people I have left behind, but a couple didn't pan out for one reason or another.  If I missed seeing you, I am sorry.  I am truly sorry.  I don't know when I can get back down there again - the trips are taking entirely too much out of me right now.  I hope every day for a miracle, but until then I am just tired.  Maybe you can come see me!


Anyhoo, as usual, I took way too many pictures.  I have decided that pictures are what brings those warm memories back, so it is ok if I do an overkill on pictures.  My kids can just delete the ones that don't make them smile when I croak. 

Today, I am going to share a few of the good times we had:















And how in the world did I not get a picture of Mrs Dottie?  We visited with her for several hours!

Oh the good times we had!  I do miss Louisiana and all my wonderful friends.

Those skeeters and bugs, I do not miss.

God was good to us - we had a cool front come through while we were there.  I had to eat my "you won't need any warm clothes while we are there" words...

We did - and we didn't have them!

What was I thinking?

Thank you for the good times, dear friends.  You mean the world to me.  I love you and miss each and every one of you.

And if I missed seeing you?  I am so sorry.  My heart aches with emptiness... maybe there will be a next time.  

Or maybe...

You can come see us!

No comments: