Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tearless Day

Today I went in for my Sjogren's Syndrome testing - this is where they tested me to see if I made tears.  Wanna see how it is done?


Yes, those are strips of paper they stuck ONto my eyeBALLS to see how many tears I made in 5 minutes.

One eye failed the test, one eye was a bit better.  They did this two times - to just confirm, ya know?

Not!  Fun!

Since the criteria was not definite, I go back for a lip biopsy on Thursday, but it is possible that I do have Sjogren's.

In other news, I was officially accepted to the NIH study today.  I do fit all of the criteria for Idiopathic CD4+ Lymphocytopenia.  

This news is bittersweet;  I am sad that this blood disorder is officially a part of me, but I am thrilled to have a TEAM of wonderful Drs and nurses helping me whittle through the muck that comes with it - even if it is a half a country away.

I can look on the bright side - it is not half a WORLD away, right?

No comments: