Thursday, April 24, 2014

New Horses!!

I keep forgetting I can blog from my iPad and cell phone!  I have barely been at my computer for weeks!  Spring is a busy time on a farm!

So what has been going on?

The BIG NEWS is Raelee and Steph each got a horse last weekend.

Meet Belle, Raelee's horse:


She is a mare, 11 (?) year old registered quarter horse.  She will do fine barrel racing, which is Raelee's goal!  She has such a sweet personality, has been 'broke' which means you can ride her and is calm.

This is Clyde, Steph's horse, with the farrier;


Clyde is 7 (?), part Clydesdale and part something else.  He has been broke, but not ridden in well over a year, is a bit sassy, but is easily reminded who is boss.  Steve says it is 'his teenage years'!

What is going to happen to Cadence you ask?  Well, unfortunately, his previous owner has asked Raelee to return him since she got another horse.  That was never Steph and Todd's intention, but what can you do?  I guess she 'loaned' him to her?  Not really sure but We are all sad for Raelee - Cadence was her first love and first horse.

Or not.

No comments: