Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"Not an April Fool's Joke."

Steph called last night and the first thing she said was:

"Mom, this is not an April Fool's joke, Ella is gone."

And so it is - another chickie is gone.

Ms Ella won't be entertaining us any more.   :-(


She was my favorite chickie because she was attached to me and so friendly.  We don't know what happened to her, just that Stephenie found her dead outside.  Maybe she didn't make it in before the automatic door closed at night - or maybe a dog got her during the day.

Whatever happened to Ella, the end result was the same - she is gone.  Another sad day for this chickie mom.

Ella, I am gonna miss you girlie!  I think Chelsea and Cadence will miss you, too. I've never seen a chicken that loved dogs and horses like you did!



I wish you were cuddled up to your kid just taking a nap again.



Rest in peace Ms Ella, Yes, I will miss your curious little self; always being the first in the to race to greet me, walking through the yard by my side to check things out, being our 'Mikey' and trying anything treat I tossed your way, and mostly for being my feathered, faithful friend.

No comments: