Thursday, January 16, 2014

Good Morning, This Week! Lol...

Been a rough week for us so I haven't posted.  I have been sick with a kidney/bladder infection, had another autoimmune reaction to the drugs which causes the hands not to work, the washer is leaking like a sieve, the dryer broke, Steve's truck quit running and the fire pellet stove quit working.  

YIKES!  Can we have a re-do on the week, please?

Steve has been riding his bike in 20-ish degree weather because he won't take my truck and 'leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere' (home).  I have been hanging clothes on the line in the same 20-ish degree weather.  I ran out of clothespins, but not before my fingers froze off!



The chickens don't seem to care about the weather.  I have 4 new chickens; 2 roos, and 2 hens.  3 are about 2 months old and Ms. Sara is about 1.5 months old.  





Ms. Sara was hatched from one of Mrs Clara's eggs and she had to fly the coop when the other 3 came along.  Her mommy didn't seem to care that I separated them, but I did.  I had 3 monster chicks with one the size of a golf ball!


They all have survived and Ms. Sara seems to be the smartest of the bunch.  I put them all in the coop with the 'big' chickens 3 days ago and have been working on teaching them to climb the ramp, roost and such.  Today, I looked out at the coop just after daybreak and there is Ms. Sara marching down the ramp and out to the grass before the 'big gals and guys' had come out!  Lol... she has it all figured out!

On the other hand, I had to go out two hours later and get the other three off of the roost and manually take them out of the coop!  


I am getting ready to start another quilt!  No, no, I haven't finished the others - but fellow quilters assure me I am supposed to have half a dozen going at once... so all is well!  Here is the quilt I will be working on and the material I have 'auditioned' (so I am told) to go with it:



What do you think of my selection?  Yeah, I don't know either... 



And finally, I have started making cards again - trying to get back to the whole scrapbooking thing:



I am trying to keep my mind busy and active, get back to doing what I love and enjoying life. Some days are more difficult than others - like today, but I get through them. 

I got a group of girls together and we are crafting on Wednesdays here at my house.  It started off yesterday and I had 4 girls show up!  Looking forward to seeing how this works out.  I need crafter friends!

So that is what has been going on this week.  I am not going to forget about my blog.  I do have to figure out how to remember I need to blog (memory problems are awful here), but it'll be regularly.  Hang in there!

And yes, we have the money to fix all the above brokens if we don't eat (ha!), but we just haven't had the time to fix all the above.  Have no fear, hubby will get it done between the horse clinics and work.  

Until then, can someone send a little heat our way?  I hate hanging clothes as they freeze on the line.  ;-)

And here is a little laugh... my dog alerted to something outside.  I opened the door for her to tear off and stop just below the jeans on the line... she thought there were PEOPLE in them!  

Silly girl!  My protector.

1 comment:

stefani said...

I does sounds like you had a rough week. Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Having an infection on top of reaction to your meds has to make it really hard. Are you feeling any better this week?

I totally cannot not understand how you guys can handle that cold weather, either. I shiver just thinking about it. The winter has been so mild here compared to everywhere else.

I really like your cards. I want to see more please. :-)