Saturday, January 4, 2014

108 Pounds...

Certainly that is not ME!  That would be wishful thinking... lol...

I always knew my dad was very thin... 


But I had no idea just how thin he was until I got his medical records today. 

He was 5'9", and he weighed 108 pounds.  Probably soaking wet at that. 



I think at one time he might have weighed as much as 130, but I doubt he ever weighed much more than that.  I remember hugging him and being very concerned that all I felt was ribs - and that was when I was a young child.

I spent the day trying to gather all of my medical records for Bethesda.  My step-mom and her hubby sent dad's medical records and I received them today as well.  I have one huge pile of records to scan/copy and send to Bethesda... they are going to be floored at the amount of records they will receive.

Looking through his medical records, I do believe there is a really good chance that he had what I do; Idiopathic CD4+ Lymphocytopenia. From here on out I will call it ICL so I don't bore you with the whole big word thing - but, yes, I have memorized it and learned to say it.  He ultimately died of Mycobacterium Avium Intracellular (MAI), but he acquired it because of his weakened immune system.  Last month, my Dr started me on a weekly regimen of antibiotics to keep me from getting MAI... coincidence?  I think not.  It also says in the records that he had nodules on his lymph nodes, another symptom of ICL.  Adding all of those together, it seems he may have had it before it was discovered.  What a trip that Carole had his medical records!  Thank you, Carole!  :-)

Guess what I will be doing this weekend?  Scanning/copying medical records.  Thankfully The National Institute of Health (NIH) (Bethesda) gave me a UPS number to use so they will pay for the shipping.  Good thing - it will be as thick as a brick!

Off to bed now - been a long day after a long night.  I had nightmares all night long.  So thankful I have a hubby that wakes me and holds me until all is well again.

Night all.

No comments: