Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Natural Falls State Park


Less than an hour from our home, Natural Falls State Park is a nice little relaxing place to stop in and rest a bit.  On Sat August 10th, Steve and I were on a bike ride and decided to stop in for a break.  We had been there before - a very long time ago, but it was nice to see it again.  This time it was flowing really nicely!


It is such a small world, we were chatting with some people who were there looking as well.  They asked where we were from and when we told them; the wife said she used to work at the port near us - and after a little conversation, we found out she worked for the guy we bought the house from!  What are the odds?


They offered to take our pic and we took them up on it:




This past weekend we went to Lake Tenkiller and found this little pool of water to relax by:



I didn't take any pictures of the lake, but it sure is a pretty lake - maybe next time.  I hate taking my big Nikon camera in the bike - I think it would get bounced around too much, so I just have my point and shoot and while it takes good pictures, I miss the great pics I get with my Nikon...


While we were setting near our little water pool, I looked back and saw this picture of the man I love:



How did I get so lucky to have found this man?


Next weekend, I don't think we are going on a bike ride - I think we are going to burn a huge pile of wood that we have stacked at the back of the property.  I don't think we can get it done in one day, but who knows?  Maybe we can... 

If so, another bike ride may be in store for us.  Wonder where we would go this time?  I am sure enjoying getting back to where we started...  Many years ago, we rode a Honda 750 from Okmulgee, Oklahoma all the way to Destin, Florida and back for our honeymoon... and yes, we had a blast!

You didn't know that about us, did you?  

I must tell you, getting back to where we started is such a nice time in our lives...

And riding the bike doesn't take much money at all.

I am still a cheap date.  :-)

No comments: