Saturday, August 10, 2013

Makin' Soaps

I have been helping Steph and Raelee make soaps. Steph has a business selling her handmade soaps on Etsy and even though Raelee helps, she has a short attention span and is 'over it' quickly so I help out when she peters out.  That is where I come in... but first...


Here they are starting a soap Raelee loves to make:



When Raelee is interested - she is REALLY interested and concentrates on getting it right:



And she did terrific!  This is the 'new' Tutti Fruiti soap!  Isn't it pretty?



Steph tried a new one too:



When we cut it the next day, it looked like this:



I love the anticipation of what to expect.  Looking at them after they are poured is no comparison of what they will look like when we cut them. Go back and look at the previous two pictures... see what I mean?


Steph has come up with some terrific soaps:




Some smelly yummy enough to eat - like the mocha one!

I have yet to pour any, I think it would be fun - but she does such a terrific job why should I?  I would be scared to death I would mess up a great thing!

If you haven't yet tried her soaps, I hope you do really soon.  Here is her website linky.  You won't believe how much they lather - and I certainly don't think you would be disappointed.  Her customers keep coming back for more.  :-)

No comments: