Sunday, May 5, 2013

Life Building a Chicken Coop

As you saw on the last post, we have been building a chicken coop castle. It has take so blasted long and so much work that I have not had time to post. Sooo... what have I been doing??


I have painted:




And painted:




And painted:




And painted:




And painted:



And I am sure I have painted at least half the state on this coop!

I *hate* painting!


Then we assembled:



Can you see I still have painting to do? Yep! Under the eaves...  *sigh*


Steve assembled, assembled, assembled - assembled some more - and added steps:





We added "poop boards" for the chickens to roost above. The idea is they are supposed to roost and poop on the boards that are filled with Sweet PDZ. To clean out, you just sift it like it was cat litter and it is clean!



The chickens seem like it... 


And we will see if it is easy to clean like they say it is... Tomorrow.



Today we are installing their chicken door and fencing their outside area...

It is a good thing, these chicks are not teeny chicks any more:


 Charlotte and Lulu

So, now you know why I have not posted! We are still building the chicken castle!

And wait until you see what I am going to name it... 

But you gotta wait!

No comments: