Friday, February 8, 2013

Welcome HOME Steph, Todd and Raelee!!

It is FINAL! The kids signed their papers and bought their home 2.5 miles from us! We are all super excited!

I stayed with Raelee while her mom and dad went and did the paperwork. We had to fill in her time, so we made a sign and shopped for welcome flowers:



Their door is even pretty!




And... drum roll please... the HOUSE!  Steve and I wanted a rock house, but we will just had to admire Steph and Todd's:



I cannot decide what my favorite part is - the drive up to the house: 



Or the parking area of the house:




Raelee loves the bamboo - and I think her mom will too - she will use it in the garden:




The weeping mulberry trees by the back door are super cool:




And the wide open spaces of the property are fun to look at:




The previous owners were landscapers. There are flowers popping up everywhere! We will love being surprised as things start to sprout:



And the previous owners told the 'new owners' that there are pecan, apple, crab apple, blueberry and blackberry trees/plants all over that property - and many, many other things!


I love the living room:


I didn't take pics out the windows yet, but the view is breathtaking... we will get right on cleaning those windows... lol...

Nope, I have no earthly idea what my favorite part is, but I love the place!

 I just know they will love the house and property, too, once we get them moved in and settled.

Now to get the place cleaned and a bit of paint (this weekend), the floors changed (next week),and the family all moved in (next weekend)!  It is going to be a busy week!

One of the things they have to accomplish is to get an ADDRESS! The people who have lived here for years always had a post office so a numbered address was never assigned to the place. Todd had to go apply to the post office last month to get a number. The postal service said they have to confirm it, then approve it and now Todd and Steph wait... In the meantime, Steph has tried to get Direct TV (cannot do this, this is not a valid address), and several other things and since she doesn't have a postal issued address it cannot be done.  There is more than one way to get to Boston, right? Wish her luck!

I will keep you posted!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you SO much for making it special for us and all of the help you have given!! Love you!