Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Buttons, Buttons, Who Has the Buttons?

I must confess.  I have the buttons.  All of the buttons everyone has ever given me - I have them!  Grandma's buttons, moma's buttons, granny Daisy's buttons... everyone's buttons!


I loved admiring my buttons. They were all pretty in jars where I could see them.  I proudly displayed them on a shelf and as I needed buttons, I would dig and search for the 'perfect' buttons.

But several days ago, I needed two pretty blue buttons to go on an owl pin cushion that I was making for a friend and I had to dig through jars and jars of buttons looking for a perfect match.  I didn't find it.

So, I got this wild hare to sort them, and I spent days pouring buttons into a cookie sheet and sorting by colors:



Now I have jars and jars of buttons, all sorted by colors and ready to use in an instant.  There is one jar of 'mixed' buttons - I am sure you noticed that jar - see in the picture above?  They are not sorted because they are those cheap crafty buttons and I refuse to allow them to grace my pretty button's presence in the same jar - but even crafty buttons have their place on my shelf.  I have antique buttons from the turn of the century and buttons in every decade since then - and as many buttons as I have, I don't have many 'new' recently bought buttons.  

But I did have to go buy buttons for that owl I made!  I think I need MORE BUTTONS!


What have I been doing with my time?

I finished all the squares to my underground railroad quilt!



Now I just have to add the lattice work, border and binding.  I will shop for that this week I hope.  Sharon and I had a blast making it together.  We both agreed that neither one of us would have finished it if we had not had the other to prod us on.  It has surely been an experience!

I finished a couple of 'rag' quilts. This was one before I finished - but I love the colors!



Guess you have figured out I love those bright colors by now, right?

I will find pictures of the recently finished quilts and share them another day.


Sarah asked if the cat we lost was the one we bought with the house.  Sarah, you will be happy to know that Princess Cost a Lot is still with us. She is terribly antisocial so we seldom see her though - but she guards the shop and polices the field mice.

We are all doing ok after the loss of our pets.  It has been difficult, but we are making it.  Thanks for asking and thanks for everyone's concern and prayers.

Later gator!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Euvah,
I am glad to hear that Princess is still with you, but still sorry that you lost another darling. Many of us know that ache only too well and I am sorry that you have it. Love to you all.
Sarah