Thursday, November 8, 2012

Missin' Satumas!

It is that time of year again in Louisiana - but we are in Oklahoma!  No matter how much you love the place you are, there are sweet memories of places left behind.  I am sharing one of those Louisiana memories today.

Most people love going to the pumpkin patch when fall comes.  We love that too, but we also love going to the satsuma farm!  Satsumas are a small, very sweet, juicy orange that ripens after the first frost in Louisiana.  I am not sure what kind of orange they are, but they remind me of a mandarin orange only not as sweet. 

Every year, Steph, Raelee and I would pile in the vehicle and go satsuma picking.  We have gone with friends, met friends there, gone on a girls day out, taken Girl Scout troops.. it is a yearly tradition - one that I am missing dearly this year!  


Here are a few pics from the last time I went to the orange patch...




 










I am missin' those days - and the satsumas!


1 comment:

Red said...

I remember that skirt and jacket and boots. Raelee was so cute in them and she loved them!