Thursday, November 1, 2012

Flat Stanley Goes to the Rodeo!

Our grandson, Aedan, sent us a Flat Stanley to send around the world... we started right here in Oklahoma.  I am going to share his travels so Aedan and his family can keep up with him.  Hope you all don't mind!


A big “Howdy” to Aedan and to all his classmates!

I arrived safely in Oklahoma!  I am staying on a farm - far, far from any grocery stores.  Wal-Mart is even 30 miles away!  It is beautiful here, there are lots of rolling hills and a big pond.  We have 10 horses staying with us - they are the nayyyy-bors horses and they are BIG – HUGE in fact!  Granny told me I had to stay away from their hooves because they could step on me and squish me flat.  Get it?  Flat!  I am already Flat! 

When I arrived, I was so glad to be taken out of the envelope.  I was looking forward to stretching out for a day or two, but found out we had immediate plans to go to the Ozark Mule Races in Pea Ridge, Arkansas!  I could not believe it!  After being 'Flat' in an envelope, I was going to ride a MULE!  Not a horse, but a MULE!

Boy did we ride!  The young lady I was honored to ride with was named Chandler.  We ran around barrels, grabbed flags and moved them and jumped poles.  We rode every event there and won them all!  Yes, we won two first place blue ribbons and won 2 second place ribbons!  Then we won Youth High Point which is a very high honor, and we WON it!  It was crazy fast I tell ya, and we went round and round and over barrels and round again.  I was so dizzy that I could barely stand!  But then we collected $650!!!  That made me feel much better – of course, then I got dizzy with excitement!



Today I leave to go on a new adventure.  I am going to Scuba Dive!  I am a great swimmer, so that will be fun!  Does anyone have some scuba gear I can borrow?  I need flat gear -  really flat!  I hear that I have a lot of fun adventures ahead.  I will be busy the rest of the year.  Granny lived in Asia and she has lots of friends far and wide.  We are going to see how many places I can explore in the next few months.  Can you guess how many countries I might see?

I have to hop in the mailbox now.  I have my passport and am ready for a long ride across the ocean.  I will be looking for the island named Guam with a handsome Navy officer and is wife who is waiting just for me. 

YEEE HAWWWW!

Love,
Flat Aedan Stanley

No comments: