Sunday, November 4, 2012

Flat Stanley Dives in Guam!


Hi Class!


Flat (Aedan) Stanley checking in from the little island country of Guam.  :-) 

After a day trip across the ocean, I arrived in Guam on October 27th just in the nick of time!  In fact, Ron and Jeff were on their way to dive and picked me up at the post office!  Thank goodness I made it before they went out for the day – the told me we were on the way to  Gab Gab Beach to Scuba Dive!

I had to read the diving manuals then the guys taught me everything they know about diving in Guam – which was a lot.  I tried hanging out in a Ziploc dive tube, but it made my view of the underground world blurry, so we ditched it in a hurry.  Don’t worry, Ron and Jeff took extra special care of me. They made sure I had everything I needed to survive my deep sea adventure.  We investigated all the nooks critters could hide and found a few treasures too!

WHOA!!  Are there some great salt water critters in the ocean!  I met Sponge, Octopus, Nemo, Starfish, Yellowfish, BIG Fish, Little Fish, Coral, Clams, and - well, just take a look at the pictures!  I had a terrific time!  The guys even kept those fish from swallowing me whole!  Some of them were HUGE!  They showed me how to sneak in some tiny places to see the eel in them, how to stand (gently) in the coral, and how to feed the fish hot dogs.  Did you know fish like hot dogs?  Did you see the pictures??  










Well, I have to fly – I am going to Singapore next!  It is another tiny island on the very southern tip of Malaysia – but it is not a part of Malaysia, it is a tiny country all on its own!  Aedan’s granny and papa used to live in Singapore and her friend, Miss Andrea, and her daughter, Anna, are going to show me around the island.  Granny has told me all about it.  She was sure to tell me not to take gum into Singapore because it is illegal to chew gum there!  It is supposed to be a very clean and beautiful place to visit.  Granny said loved living on that island!  She also told me it is very close to the equator and that 365 days a year it is very steamy and HOT!  Singapore has a tropical rain forest on it.  I cannot wait to see how beautiful it is!
  
Oh, and one more thing:  GUESS WHAT???  We have dinner reservations at The Red Piano in Siem Reap, Cambodia for a really non traditional Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving Day!!  I can’t wait to see what that is all about!  Save me some turkey, please?
What an adventure I am having!  Thank you so much for sending on this world wide tour!!
Sincerely,
Flat (Aedan) Stanley

1 comment:

Andrea said...

How fun!! Can't wait to meet you and show you my part of the world, Stanley!