Thursday, October 18, 2012

Painting and Stuff

A couple of last pictures of our trip to Colorado.  


This is how close we were to wildlife on our trip - I was in the dining room and looked outside to this scene:


Isn't that amazing?  I love wildlife so I was mesmerized by these gals.  We loved watching them in the mornings - along with the beautiful birds that crossed our paths.


Remember when I said we went to the mountain summits?  I know we went to Matterhorn and Uncompahgre Peaks... I think we went to some of these others, but not sure which ones.  I bet my handsome hubby can remind me...



No matter which ones we went to, you can see we climbed high and wide.  We did have a blast!


Here is a picture of Steve and I in front of the peaks.  What an amazing trip!





Now, what have we been doing since we got home?  Steve decided to paint our cave... errr... our living room.  We both think part of my depression is caused from the beige walls, ceilings and floors in our place.  I know it is supposed to be a good selling point, but I don't think it is a good decorating background.  It is so BLAH!



So we taped it off and went to work:



Once we got the ceilings white we noticed a huge difference:


We continued on into the kitchen.  See the white at the top of this picture?  Look at the beige below the white.  That is what we were covering:




Actually the beige was more like this:



And finally, the kitchen finished:



Then we got braver!  We decided to cover that beige paint on the walls:





What a difference that made!





The finished product:




Decorating is not my strong subject, but at least I have something pretty to start with.  We want this to be our 'Asia' room.  Gotta get busy!


And with that, I hope we washed away all of that depression.  I walked outside and this is what I saw:
 

Another promise.

Tomorrow, I will share a bit about the quilts I am working on...

Until then, have a great day!   Look for His gifts and promises. 

1 comment:

Red said...

We didn,t actualy go to any peaks, we went through several passes and up on several mountains and were very close to several peaks.