Friday, September 28, 2012

180+ Miles!

Haven't heard much from me, have you?  It is because we went 4-wheeling in Colorado!

The mountains were high with many to climb, the waters were cold and the colors were beautiful!












We found old mines and mining towns:



The guys found old trucks to examine and determine the types... although I think they may be still guessing on this one:



And they found neat... machinery... 



We even found a town for sale!


Steve is considering buying it just so he could be mayor!  I, on the other hand, want the house in the background - to heck with being a mayor's wife!


And of course, Steve found trouble to get into... you know him:




Thankfully, I was not there to take this picture.  Joan, my sister-in-law took them!


Take a look at this one:




That is my sister-in-law's shadow on the bottom left hand corner.  But could you make out what was on the top right hand corner?  Well, I blew it up for you... 




Yes, he is still nuts!  I told Joan if he had the common sense God gave a peanut he would give it away!

He is still alive to tell the story - I guess you should ask him about it, but I am glad I was not there to see it.


We put in over 180 miles with 4-wheelers, Rhinos and 4-wheel drive trucks.  Oh my gosh did we have fun!  It was a fantastic trip!  What would we do differently next time?  

Bring dust masks!


More pictures to come... stay tuned!


2 comments:

Swimtaxi said...

That is a beautiful part of the country and it looks like you had a lot of fun.

cajunsis said...

We did have a blast. I don't think I have ever had such a carefree and relaxing 3 days. I was very adventurous considering how reserved I am. Lol...