Monday, April 23, 2012

Work, Work, Work... and Did I Say Work?

Spring is a busy time for us this year.  We are getting the garden in, planting flowers so our house has a personality, and planting trees so they can start growing big and tall to give us shade and beauty.  Wow, have we been super busy!  And today will be no different...

I have to plant our melons, squash and pumpkins and a few flowers.  I have to water all the plants we have in the ground and the ones I have left in the green house and on our patio.  Yes, lots of work... so why am I blogging?

Because I feel the need to catch up, so here goes:


The garden is finished!  Completely planted and on its way to providing us with yummies for the rest of the year:



We have LOTS of tomatoes... too many in fact, but we have them:


Our herbs are coming up and looking good:
 


Bet you cannot tell, but this is okra - and I planted about 24' of it because we love it!
 


And 24' of super sweet corn is coming up - YUM!



Red cabbage is looking great!
 


Green cabbage is looking great:


And did I say tomatoes?  Yes, they are looking great as well:
 


Yes, I know I have weeding to do... that is on the list of stuff to do.  We still have to plant the squash, pumpkin and melon hills - I intend to do that today.  It is on a separate area that is 24' long by a tractor width wide.  We put it in the pasture since I anticipate it taking so much area to grow.  

Now can you see why I haven't blogged??


A friend of ours has been growing something in her yard:


Now we want to know what the heck kind of mushroom is that??  She just noticed it when she went outside - and if you look in the background - she has two of them!  No she didn't plant them!



And now for the rest of the story.  Steve is having surgery tomorrow.  I am not thrilled, but we both know it need to be done.  He has had some problems with his shoulder and has been for years and years.  He finally gave in and went to the Dr.  Tomorrow is the big day - he is having surgery on his right shoulder rotator cuff... and last week they fit him for the sling he will be wearing for a few weeks:



Yeah, he is about as happy about it as he looks.  Neither one of us is looking forward to it, but it has to be done.  We have spent the last week (since he found out) trying to get everything mowed, cars serviced, shop clean so he CAN service the cars, planting gardens, flowers, trees, weed eating... training Megan to help... you name it, we have been busy doing it.  Oh, and did I mention taxes?  Yeah, we had to do taxes the day before they were due.  Not nice.  Very not nice.  He is lucky to be alive to HAVE this surgery.  

Now for the big day... going to buy him jammers (?)  (!)  today because they told him he has to be comfy and easy to dress tomorrow... and we need a shirt big enough to go over that big last 'cast' and sling. 

This oughta be fun.  Keep him in your thoughts and prayers please.  I think we're gonna need it.  Keep me in your thoughts and prayers - this is the first time my handsome man has ever been in the hospital - much less having surgery.  He has never missed work, been ill or had anything like this done.  He is not a big baby though so I don't worry about that.  I have never had to pick up after him, do for him or wait on him.  This will be a first!  Heck, I think I might even have to cut his steaks for a bit - but you know what?  I can do that!  I love him!  

Good luck, Steve!  I will be waiting on your hand and foot for the first time in our 35 years of marriage. Now I can enjoy doing things for YOU finally.  Just take it easy, keep the pain away and heal quickly.  I need my honey back strong and handsome ASAP.

Cause I love you...


1 comment:

Red said...

See, the garden fence has a gate, now if it only had irigation!

Don't I look sexy in that sling!