Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Hubby... Poor Thing...

I am not used to seeing my honey broken.  :-(  

Actually, he is doing very well after surgery.  They shaved off some bone, made room for the tendon it was mashing and removed some spurs.  Praise God there were no torn tendons!  Over all he is doing great (few pain meds), staying awake (fighting anesthesia) and keeping me in line!  Check him out:


Before surgery:



After surgery:

If you noticed he is in some weird contraption, you are right.  He has a Physical Therapy chair to work out in 2 hours a day - 3 times a day -  for a total of SIX hours every day in that baby!  He has to increase rotation and elevation 5 degrees every day.  So far he is doing great.  

He HATES being one armed and seemingly needy, however, when Megan went to bed early last night (she was tired), he came and put up food for me.  *sigh*  He won't sit still or even act like he had surgery for even one day.  Thank you, love, for always being you.

I have to say thanks to everyone who has supported me during all this worrisome time.  It has been a challenge and I appreciate the phone calls and few minutes time you could spare for us.  We are so blessed to have people in our lives who love us and are there when we need them.  

I am off to clean... some little doggy has way too much black hair that seems to be shedding.  She seems to feel the need to hold her daddy down and I have to keep hair off of him, the blankets and the floor.  

And take care of him.  When he lets me.

Oh and PS:  The mushroom my friend has in her yard is an elegant stink horn!
Thanks Steph for finding the answer for me!  WHOOT!
-->


No comments: