Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bits and Pieces

Here are a few bits and pieces of what has been going on this last week:

A bird set up house in our propane tank cover - unfortunately, he had to move:



This is not what you want to see:  Our nephew, Gavin, being loaded on a life flight after suffering a prolonged febrile seizure.  They life flighted him after two hours of seizing.  Thankfully he is ok now.  

Yes, that is our brother, Danny, on the left there - he was a medic and they answered all his questions and let him help a bit.  Very scary having him intubated and them breathing for him.  So glad he is ok now.  Such a cute little guy:



Another thing you don't want to see, but we got to this week:



That is the inside looking out of our storm shelter.  Here is what we were looking at:


Thankfully it went on its merry way away from us with no damage.  It was a bit unnerving though!

As I sit here and peer out my drapes, I get to see this:


A wonderful sight on our finch feeder.  Some days the entire thing is filled with gold finches.  Most days I have the curtains wide open, but it wasn't because the storms were passing through.


Our garden is finished!  Gate and fence all installed - I just have 4 more rows to plant!



Very long rows I might add!  48 feet times two rows of just tomatoes!  WHEW!  Are you gonna want any?  I sure hope so!




And our neighbors are harvesting!  I think it is oats, but don't hold me to that.  It was fun to watch though:

All of our plants are doing great.  It is so fun to actually be able to enjoy spring... such a long time since we were able to do that.   Course, we have the weather to deal with... you know, the tornadoes... Oh well, hurricanes there, earthquakes over there and tornadoes here... watcha gonna do? 

Steve is going back in to the shoulder Dr tomorrow.  Will see what the outcome of that visit is.  Not looking forward to it though.  Steve is thinking surgery is in the works.  We shall see.

Off to sort pictures and get ready for a family reunion!  It is actually June 9th, but I have some preparations to do!  Looking forward to seeing everyone though!

Later gator!

2 comments:

Cajunrose said...

So fun!!! I can't wait to see your garden!! Don't forget to put tomato cages over the tomato's pretty quick. It really surprises me every year how quickly you need them and usually I don't get them put in in time..lol

Red said...

See, the gate has been there for a while! I will cut the tomato stakes tonight.