Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Winter Weather This Year is Mild

Good Morning!  I have gotten so far behind in my blog that I had no idea where to start - so I have decided weather is a good place.  As everyone knows I love the snow.  I have waited for 35 years to move back to Oklahoma so we can enjoy all four seasons in the fullest, but of course snow has been what I anticipated most.  

This year has been a very mild winter.  I am not complaining - after all, living in Singapore has thinned my blood out quite a bit, so I think a mild winter will help me get more acclimated to the weather.  We had hail a couple of weeks ago - I was pretty impressed by how much in such a short time.



In less than 30 seconds we got this:

Then it was over!


We have gotten very little snow this year - maybe an inch at the most - and a couple of dustings.  It sure makes for a pretty back yard though:




Even an inch on the trees is pretty:


We can only imagine what our place will look like completely covered in the white fluff, but someday I am sure we will get to see it.  We are looking forward to that day!


Even when we don't get snow, we get to see amazing frozen art:


I saw this when I was passing someone's place on the highway - yes, I turned around and took pictures - how could I resist?


Megan is still adamant about trying to build a snowman - but she finally conceded that she needs LOTS more snow.  Picking it up in a bucket and hauling it was too much work - but she tried!



We have been feeding the deer and they seem to like it:



But unfortunately, the birds do too!



On the 'too cold to go outside' days, I have been working on quilts.  This one has a story - but that is for later.  I am finished with it now - and it only took 27 years!



Winter is here, and even though it is a mild one, it is nice to have a definite season.  As I sit here and look at all of my winter pictures, I came across these from last fall:




And I remember the seasons are why I loved Oklahoma so much!

And just one of the reasons I love Louisiana so much? (yes, I miss Louisiana as much as I missed Oklahoma...)  It won my heart, too!

It's fun loving Cajun heritage is only one reason I remember it fondly!


Happy Mardi Gras!


No comments: