Thursday, February 2, 2012

Herro...


So.

I have been sick

With a sinus infections from h-e-double toothpicks

I have finally gave in and went to a Dr after 2+ weeks of misery

I am getting better now

And I think I will live
My house on the other hand should be condemned

My family still loves me but the may not like me.

And I had to go in to the cardiologist because my heart is flittering and fluttering

The Dr doesn't think it is anything

But I will have to get a holter monitor to be sure it is indeed nothing

And I have to have an ultrasound of my heart 

Hopefully they find I have one

While I was sick with the sinus infection that I didn't know I had

I went in to the dentist to get a crown

When they removed the temp crown 

They broke the tooth completely off

So they had to repair it which took hours

But it is fine now

However, I gotta tell you
A sinus infection

A broken tooth

And the numbing agent

Are not a good mix

While I was sick with the sinus infection

Megan started work at her full time job

Which left me with no car because she was driving my Camry

So Steve and I went shopping for a new car

And I bought a pickup

A Toyota Tacoma to be exact

And I love it

Truthfully, I wanted a different vehicle

But the salesman only showed me a modified one

That rode like a hay wagon

So I chose the Toyota Tacoma

And I do love it

But I can barely get in it

It is a 4 wheel drive and very high

So I have to climb into it

Well not really, but almost

So we have to buy Nerf bars/grill guard and a cover for the bed

All so I can get in it

I am going on a scrapbook retreat in a week

I am not sure what I will do

Because I don't scrapbook anymore

But maybe I will try

I am happy to report that I finished that da%*!# quilt

It only took my 25+ years and it felt like longer

But it is done  

Finally

I made the big announcement that "it is done!"

And Steve just looked at me

I think he was afraid to say a word

Then we decided it is the camper quilt

However, I will start another one in 2 weeks

My goal is to finish it before I croak

And that my friends is my catch up.

I will not make promises

As you see I cannot keep them

But have no fear

I live on a (future) farm

And life is rather boring

So I am sitting back

And enjoying the view

While thinking of things 

That might be worth blogging about

Like I am planning a chicken coop

That I cannot find plans for

And planting a vegetable garden

By reading the almanac

So I know when to plant

But for the life of me

I cannot figure out how to plant

On the dark side of the moon

In the day time

And finally

We are going to plant an orchard

So I have to learn how to plant a row of trees

In a straight line 

But I cannot even walk in one

And I have to learn which fruits actually grow

In this great state we grew up in 

But we have not lived here since we were teens

So now you know some

And more will come

Soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you--I loved this post and it made me feel better about lots of things and I hope to he-double those sticks or whatever--that you feel fabulous very soon. Get Well Gir! Love, Sarah

Amanda Silver said...

what a story... sometimes life offers to us even more than we could think we can take in such a short period of time