Thursday, January 5, 2012

We're nearly FINISHED!

 After many long months of working on transforming the barn into a shop, we have done it!

Do you remember what we started with?

We started with a barn cat:



Who was in a barn:



We added concrete:



Then added walls, insulation and painted the floor:



Then we painted the walls:



And we are adding shelves now (safely of course):




Megan and Steve have been working super hard on them:


 Soon, we will be able to add STUFF to the shop!  Stay tuned for those pictures...
And remember that quilt I have been struggling with?  Well, I finally finished the quilt top!

 





What a bugger that has been!  Now I get to take it in and have it quilted (no I am not doing it by hand), then I add the binding and call it done!  Can't wait for that day...

So that is part of what we have been up to... busy bees are we!

4 comments:

Laura Solkey said...

Awesome! The barn is on its way to being super! Love your quilt! Very pretty!

Cajunrose said...

Love the quilt! Can't wait to see the finished project!

cajunsis said...

Thanks Laura and Stephenie! I am super proud that I actually finished it! It is pretty if I do say so myself - but I am really glad it is done!

stefani said...

Gorgeous quilt!