Thursday, October 20, 2011

Soaking It All In...

Wow!  I have been super busy with family coming in - sorry I took a break - but it was with good cause.  Our sister is moving from Seattle to Mobile and came to stay with us for a week while in transit.  We hung out at our house and relaxed mostly.  I don't think a crowbar would have encouraged the kids to leave 'the farm'.  


Our neighbors were kind enough to loan us their 7 horses and the kids loved visiting with them.  I think they got enough alfalfa to satisfy their cravings this last week!






When the kids weren't out there (like when they were eating and sleeping), the horses innocently hung out at the fence waiting for their return:



We did get out one day and head over to Okmulgee Lake for a picnic.  While we were sitting there, I was gazing off at the scenery:
 

Fall is in the air!  You can see the trees starting to change colors and we had a nice freeze last night.  I love the weather here, even if it is hot during the day, it is cool and comfy at night.  We never had that in Louisiana - and since I am not a hot weather person, maybe that is why I missed Oklahoma so much... ?

While we were at the lake, we went to the rock house and gathered the kids for a picture.  I think all of us (my siblings and I) have taken a picture in this very same place when we were wee little ones - much younger than these kids even! 



The girls tried like heck to kiss their brother for me - but it wasn't happening:



They even tried pinning him down - but it still didn't happen!



All of my brother and sisters were there - and one nephew and 2 nieces.  It was a great afternoon.  Love being in a place we all grew up in, enjoying it, soaking in the laughter, getting to know our new sister-in-law, and just relaxing.  Love days like that.


I have been busy trying to get the living room finished - we got the new furniture, and I am not an interior decorator, but I am trying to get it all worked out.  It is finally coming together.  I also went through my scrap room and got rid of a bunch of loot.  I still have tons to do in there, but I am finally getting it all worked out.  I had no idea moving was this much of a pain in the last!!

Today I got get my Chelsea dog.  She was spayed yesterday.  I sure have missed her.  I think Steve even missed her.  Will be glad to have her back.  We sure do love her!

And that kinda catches you up with our life for the last week and a half.  Even with all the work, I am just glad to have a landing zone that I love so much.  Living in the country is where my heart has always been.

Oh, I forgot to mention a dear friend gave us some iris (my favorite flower) and redbud trees.  We got them all planted and can't wait to see how they do!  I love that we have nearly  acres - the idea of being able to poke flowers in every nook and cranny is wonderful.  I am gonna have a good time!

And I will gladly share when it all starts multiplying... 


Oh!  And Steve had plenty of help planting:
 

Classy thought he needed a couple of nudges.  She was actually just trying to get more alfalfa.  I think she figured if she dumped him in the hole, he would anty up!  Steve and Classy have a thing going - she LOVES him!  Every time we go out in the pasture, Classy races up to him - I think she has a crush on him  ;-)


Awww, the busy-ness of it all... 

And so it goes...

No comments: