Monday, October 31, 2011

Finally Fall...

Steve and I went on a weekend holiday to Branson, Missouri.  It all started with going to Bass Pro - a huge sports shopping place.  While we were shopping there, there was a booth that offered us a weekend get away for just $100.  We paid our $100 and was promised $150 in Bass Pro gift cards in return for going and checking out a time share - so we took them up on their offer. 

This past weekend was our getaway.  Oh my goodness, did we hit the mother load of color!  I don't think we could have picked a better time to go on a fall color tour.  The leaves were intense and brilliant.  Our trip to and from Branson was breathtaking! 


Take a look at just a tiny bit of the color we saw:










And it got better - but that will come tomorrow!  I have to have something to post about later, right?  Lol... Don't worry, it is worth waiting for...


When we got back, we found a very confused Iris blooming at our place:


Aren't they supposed to bloom in the spring??
 
Our time share trip was great.  We loved where we stayed - at the Big Cedar Lodge - and the view was great.  We both needed a relaxing weekend after our summer and we finally got it.  No, we didn't buy into the time share...  *gulp* at the price... but I think if we hadn't just bought a house we might have considered it.  However, the weekend away was worth going for.
 

I am loving this cool weather.  I keep thinking in just a few weeks it will be winter!  It has been years since we lived with four honest to God seasons.  It is just so different from anything we remember - I hope we are up to it!  I think we will be, but now I am getting just a tad nervous... so far out in the country, and so many unknowns.  I am sure we will be fine, but we have a lot to learn.

Starting with our wood pellet stove... wishing I knew how to work it today to get the chill off the air here in the house.  Oh, well, I just cranked up the central unit heaters... time will teach us the rest.  

In the meantime, I need to enjoy the fall, right?

More pictures tomorrow.  

Gonna wash, iron and sew today... such a different life...

No comments: