Friday, September 30, 2011

We Have Geese!

I don't know if I am supposed to be happy about that or not!  Chelsea was outside cocking her head and raising one ear - like "I don't know what I am supposed to do - do I heard them?  Chase them?  Mommy, come look!"  So I went and looked to see what she was taking a gander at:



GEESE!  And lots of them, I might add!  So, even though I am not sure whether this is good or bad, I am excited to see they love our pond!  Funny stuff excites me, doesn't it?



Sadly, this doesn't excite me.  Our living room is bare: 
 


Well, it was bare in these pictures yesterday morning... I had to clean all the 'stuff yet to be hung or a place found for' out so I could get furniture. 

For whatever reason, Steve decided it was time to get furniture for the living room.  So I searched high and low for something I actually wanted.  I am not a shopper.  Which means I am certainly not a furniture shopper.  After searching the city over, I finally settled on a set of furniture, but I didn't like the colors it came in, so what do I do?  I special order it.  Do you hear that Cindy, Dezra, Susan and Chris?  Yes, I did - I special ordered it!  I took lessons from Dezra and ordered it.  Cindy, I know you are shaking your head...  Lol... 

Well, it finally came in and was delivered yesterday. I wanted neutral so I could change colors on a whim... you all know how often I do such things, right?  Ok, so I am going to TRY to change things on a whim... 


Here is what we ended up with:



No, no, NO!  I am not finished decorating - I just got the blasted set in there!  It is a far cry from done, but you can at least come see me and we will have a 'ladies' place to sit - away from the noisy men!  No pictures are hung - in fact, I haven't even decided if I am using them - but that is what I am tossing around.  Suggestions?  Please?  Oh my gosh, those shelves!  What do I do with them?  I have more plates, but not sure if I like them, but what else would I put there?  This does not excite me; the furniture, the decorating or the decisions.  Can I hire an interior decorator please?  Carey?

I *know* I have to add color... LOTS of color... lol...

Nate?  Do you see the sofa on the left?  The one under the blue picture?  Meet your bed!  I got a sofa sleeper just fer you!  Good thing we have Steve around to insist on furniture - we would be all sitting and sleeping on the floor!

Steve is no insisting on a gas range.  I think my electric is just fine... just ignore me when I fuss about it, ok?  Oh, he claims he wants to eat this winter... being in the country, I think our chances of being first back on after an electrical outage are slim to none.  Guess what I am shopping for today.  Ugh.


Chelsea is doing well, all things considered.  She runs a lot, plays a lot, herds the 4-wheeler when mommy takes it out, she tosses her toys about, checks out the kitties (I still can't bring myself to bring them in) and is overall a great dog!  I love her to death!

Most of the time:


She swears it just flew up and pounced on her.  I know better.


Finally, a picture from last night:


So beautiful and relaxing... life is good.

But I have to go shop now.

1 comment:

applesofgold said...

Love the new furniture!!! Looks very cozy in there. If I had those shelves I would store old classic books in it. Or...I would take the shelves out and paint the back a deep shade of your favorite color, to throw some color into the room. On either side of our fireplace in our current house, we have small octagonal windows. They are cute. At night when you drive by the house, it looks like the house 2 eyeballs.

Pillows are a great way to add some color and when you are tired of decorating with that color, you toss them and get some new ones...or you quilt some.