Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Global Wildlife Center

Good morning!  I am back from Louisiana, it was a fast trip, but we had a great time!  For the next couple of days I will be sharing what we did.  


One day, we went to see the critters:


"Do you want to see me closer?  Cause I CAN get closer!"


We went to Global Wildlife Center (GWC) in Folsom, Louisiana to see the wildlife.  I love going to this place!  Their critters are so much fun to see and interact with.  GWC is a great place to get up close and personal with many wonderful different forms of wildlife.


Usually you load up in wagons like these:



But we were the only ones going, so we got in this:



Which let us get REALLY up close and personal to these:



Ever seen a brown zebra?  We found out on this trip they are born with brown stripes and they turn black later!  I had no idea!



They have a lot of different animals there - as you can see above, but by far, we enjoyed the giraffes most!  We spent a lot of time with them:



We fed them:
 





Oh wait!  That was the wrong critter!  I guess I should say that we were able to feed ALL the critters out there!  Ask me if I had a great time... lol...  Oh, and you gotta hold on to the cup!!  They DO know how to steal them!


We really didn't have to feed them though - they helped themselves!
 


Try stopping a giraffe (or four) from eating from the bucket.  It.  Ain't.  Happenin'!


Steph tried taking pictures... but she was surrounded by giraffes!  She did get some great pictures though!  :-)
 


Punkin' had a chat with them:



And she loved on the baby a bit:



And we finally had to tell them goodbye:

No comments: