Friday, August 5, 2011

Our Neighbors Loaned Us 7 Lawn Mowers!


You can't believe how lucky we are!  We were walking the perimeter of our property the other day and our back neighbor caught up with us and asked us if we were serious about his horses coming onto our property to eat.  We have a little bit of green grass in patches by the pond and he is fresh out of green grass AND nearly out of water in his pond.  We told him we were dead serious, so he walked the perimeter of the land to check our fencing and we opened the gates for them to come in.  

The horses saw the gates open and RAN over to our property - and our seven new lawn mowers are doing a perfect job of cutting what is left of our grass down.  The best part of it is that we don't have to do a thing except enjoy them  :-)






We are in a serious drought here with the worst heat wave in history.  It has been triple digits every day for well over a month now with no rain.  Things are getting serious here now, we have wild fires every where and water shortages - but mostly, we have dry, brown, crunchy grass.  Please pray for rain for us!


Back to the horses, one of them makes me laugh.  She puts her head over the fence and uses her sad eyes to beg for you to come over... or let her out... I am not sure which, I don't know horse language yet...

And sadly, I don't even know her name  :-(  Heck, I don't know ANY of their names!  Some baby sitter I am, right?   This one is the most friendly, constantly by the fence begging... lol...


I think even Steve is enjoying them:


No, I don't think we will get horses... we don't need to!  Why do that when we can borrow them?


I have been watching for a desk for the extra bedroom on Craigslist.  I found one last night, and Steve and I went to look at it.  It came with the file cabinets, the chair, the rolltop desk AND a hutch to go on it.  This is what my living room (remember we don't have l/r furniture yet) looks like right now:



It needs cleaned up, but I think we got a great deal on it.  Isn't it pretty?


We are going to work in that room (the extra bedroom) (aka the stars and stripes room) this weekend - sounds like fun, right?  Oh I will be so happy when this move is complete.  Will it ever get that way?

There are so many things to do on the 'honey do' list... both for me and for him.  We will be forever trying to get them done, but we are so happy to have our own place again.  It is such a blessing and relief to have our stuff in our home and new dreams on the horizon.

Speaking of dreams, it is time to go to bed.  Off to clean the kitchen so I can go to bed. Morning comes quickly and I like to enjoy the cool mornings watching the beasts outside.  Lovin' the life... 


1 comment:

Cajunrose said...

I'm sure you are having fun with the horses!! I will have raelee facetime you today so she can see them.

Love the desk!