Thursday, July 7, 2011

Justa Sayin'...

We are off to Louisiana for one last run for the last little bit of our loot.  We are coming back Friday, and Saturday a classmate invited me to go SCRAPPING with her!  Yippee!  So a few more days and everything will be right back on a regular schedule - I hope for life!


To entertain you, I am going to share these pictures I took a few nights ago of a cicada molting.  You know these little guys you find all over Oklahoma?  Well, if you live somewhere else, you might find them there too... but we see them everywhere here and listen to their humming during the hot summer days.  Kids love to find their shells and play with them:



Well, Steph and I went out to look at the caterpillars that were eating up our tree:



There were at least a million of them and they were everywhere on one branch.  The first night, I thought they were all cutesy and everything.  The second night, I found this:


They weren't so cute anymore!  Heck if I would have left them, our tree would have been gone in 3 days!  I tried to encourage the birds to eat them, but the birds are too busy at my 6 feeders to give a darn about the 'pillars devouring the oak tree.  They were even obvious about it:


So I took matters into my own hands and eradicated them - is the right word?  Oh, well...  They are gone.


While looking at them at night, we found this taking place:



It was a cicada molting!  Yes, that is that little shell of a critter left behind.  Thought this was a great way to pass time... so I kept taking pictures.  The others I took are not as interesting, but the final outcome was nice:


This creature is certainly God's creation.  It went from butt ugly to beautiful in just a few minutes!


Anyway, I am off to Louisiana.  It looks like rain to us - wish us luck.. after all - we have important cargo going that way:


Oh, and what was I just sayin'?  I am tired of all of this, but I do see an end in sight.  Just sayin' it is time to be DONE.  Don't you agree?
 

No comments: