Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Just an Update

All the inspections are finished!

*Structure is outstanding - the inspector couldn't believe this house had been on the market since April
*Dwelling is outstanding - house has two things we wrong; (1) a/c units needed to be serviced (has already been done) and (2) the garbage disposal had locked up.  Neither affected the dwelling, just the comfort  ;-)
*Roof was condemned due to hail damage, owner is going to replace and has already contacted his insurance company.
*Septic passed with flying colors
*Termite Inspection showed termites had been on one stake - we will have to have the place treated, but he said there was no structural damage and it was very, very old with absolutely no activity.

The appraisal was done, but we have heard nothing about it.  We are not expecting anything bad to come back on it either.

Financing cleared and bank is ready to loan us money.

They are in the process of doing a title search.

Princess Cost-A-Lot eats a lot.  I feed her about 6 cups of food every day and a fresh bowl of water.  She greets me at the barn door saying she is hungry and thirsty the next day.  It is too far for her to walk to the pond because she is keeping the mice away from the barn.  So she says.

All of our ducks seem to be in a row...

We have had our agent contact the owner's agent and ask for early occupancy - waiting on word about it now.  Cross your fingers and say a few prayers for us please?  I need to get out of this camper - I am done with camping.

No, it is not yet beginning to feel like ours yet for me.  Seems to be for Steve though.  I don't think I will feel that way until I have a key.

Off to get checks ordered, to get boric acid for the mounds of roaches we are sure to find in the storage boxes, do some shopping - and find a washer and dryer.  (And I am not looking for a Barbie washer, either!) Oh, and I want to take a picture of a great chicken coop I want - I think Steve can build it, but I want the picture to go by.

Sure wish I had company, but I know I can do it myself.  It is always much more fun with a friend.  Missin' you Peggy.

Oh, and I must feed Princess Cost-A-Lot.

And I will sign off with a picture of a wild rose on the property:


Be back soon!

1 comment:

Cajunrose said...

You need to get ducks when you get chickens too...a must have with a pond and we know how much fun they are. :) There are breeds that aren't big flyers. I'll help you with that too. :) Can't wait to get up there. Everything is falling into place very nicely for me to be up there next week as long as you have a home for me to visit. :)