Saturday, June 25, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy!

We have been busy as bees! 

We found out Thursday night that we could take early possession of our new house.  Friday the moving van came in to bring our stuff - they were confused as to where to bring it, but finally figured out it was not at the campsite, and it was not at storage, but at the place we are in the process of buying.  


With the help of some gorgeous muscle riddled guys and gals we got our stuff moved into the house:


You BET they are gorgeous - they moved ALL of our stuff!  They were super!  Gotta love 'em!  Thanks to each and every one of you!  Oh, and we found the missing glasses that were lost right where she left them - hanging in a truck in the MIDDLE of all of our loot!  Unscathed to boot!


On Sunday we moved from the campground to the place we bought:



As soon as we took possession of the house, Steph made arrangements to get up here to help us unpack.  Thank God she did - I would be unpacking for the rest of my life!  Liz and Jacque helped me the first couple of days and beyond that - Steph, Steve, Raelee and I have done it.  Of course Steve has been working during the day and playing... errr... bush hogging the land at night.

We have unpacked boxes until we are sick of them - and we still have a ton left to unpack...



We have found stuff we forgot we had:



Put the kid to seriously exhausting work compacting trash:



We even lost the kid but thankfully we found her:



Steve bought a tractor:



And he bought a zero turn - but sadly has had little chance to use it:





She even follows Steve around the yard mowing after he does!



And he has had even less little chance to drive it.




And when he did, he lost (the race) big time:



And he just doesn't get it - he lost every time.  In fact, it never happened  :-( 


But Raelee has had a blast trying to make him earn a win!  You shoulda heard her GIGGLE!


She has had a blast riding in the fields:
 

And to think she asked mommy if papa and granny had enough room!  Nearly 19 acres, kid! Yep, I think so!


I know you are wondering, yes, I got a few toys too!  Check this out:


We got a new living room set!  It is butt ugly, but super comfy in only the way a Lazy Boy set can be - and yes, it is a Lazy Boy.  The smell of the leather is intoxicating.  We love the set!


Punkin' thinks the table is the neatest ever!  I cannot seem to keep the top down on it:


It is a beautiful table - you gotta agree.  Well, maybe you will when she leaves and I can take a picture of it with the top down...  for now, we will just say it is a 'unique' table... lol...


I went to the Salvation Army a few days ago looking for lamps - Steph and I have a vision for some lamps and they cannot be new ones so we went there looking.  While we were there I found this great dresser to use as a buffet.  I sent Steve by later to pick it up and he called me and said, "Babe, are you busy?  Can you come by here for a few?  I went over to SA and he had found a better china hutch and buffet - antiques!  He KNEW I would love it and indeed I did - we bought them:



Aren't they super?  He told me after we got home they had the matching table... I just may have to go look at it.  Well, it is a shame to break them up, isn't it?


Steve even bought me TWO tractors!  Check one of them out:
 
The other one matches this one exactly.  What more could a girl ask for?


And Steph is like the Energizer bunny;  she has gotten super fast at playing... errr... mowing the lot:


She keeps going and going... I know it is because she doesn't want her dad over worked.  Man, I cannot believe how dedicated she is!


Jacque gave me a beautiful flower bouquet as a housewarming gift:



And punkin' gave me a frog:



I love them both.  The frog is setting outside the front door, right by Steve's foo dogs:


Guess you can tell, those foo dogs made it fine!  Yippeee!


Well, I have caught you up a bit on what is going on.  I am going to pull poor Steph off of the mower and make her get some rest:


Life is tough on the farm - I guess you can tell.

Have I said I love country life?

3 comments:

Noelle Reese said...

How exciting! Everything looks great. Except one thing. Where is the scrap loot? You are going to do an entire post on that right? :) I totally love 2nd hand shopping and unpacking! I wish I was there! :) LOL At Steph, she cant. stop. mowing. LOL

surprisetriplets said...

I love the house and can't wait to see it with my own two eyes:) It reminds me of Dad's house and all of the fun the kids have there. Are you just going to store the camper until you need it for a fun trip?

Carey said...

love that table! and the salvation army finds are great too!