Friday, April 15, 2011

Nary a Fairy


I know, I haven't blogged for several days.  I am honestly trying, but I have nothing to write about.  I have decided instead of stressing over it, I will start trying for Monday, Wednesday and Friday blogs until my life turns around.  It seems that I can blog when I am busy, but when I am not... well, I have nothing to talk about.  SO, I will try for 3 days a week.


While I was at Stephenies, she showed me her Monarch chrysalis.  Look at one of them below.  See the gold in it?  See the wings forming?  Isn't it amazing?



This is one of the caterpillars that has not yet gone into a caccoon - a monarch caterpillar:



Remember me making the fairy furniture?  Punkin' put it right in her fairy garden:



I watched for fairies sleeping in the bed, but never saw one... :-(


Remember the chicks?  Aren't they adorable?



Punkin' even reads to them:


They are wonderful entertainment.


And finally, the lifesaving bird houses:



As I set listening to the music of the purple martin chatter, I thought of how these bird houses saved my husband's life.  He made bird houses when he quit smoking to keep his hands busy.  I am so proud of him; he went from smoking 3-4 packs a day to zero.  He quit cold turkey and to this day, he has never picked up another cigarette.  These birdhouses occupied him while he was doing so.  They mean the world to me - for obvious reasons I love them.  He will owe me a new one though, when we moved I gave mine to Steph.  Gonna miss having it, but it was wonderful sitting outside her house, listening to the music of life; the birds and my hubby's.


I made a map for the campground we are in - they people running it are new and learning.  I was bored and they needed a map.  Gotta love Google Earth - it got me started, and I got it pretty accurate after walking it off.  Fun stuffs!  They are tickled pink.

Today is April 15th.  Tax day.  I finally got Steve to pull out our taxes to do them last night.  What happened?  He got online, found out he had until the 18th, half did them and got off.  *sigh*  He has 3 more days so I am sure on the 18th, we will be turning in taxes.  Is there such a thing as tax-crastinate?  If there is, he has got it bad... lol...

It is almost as bad as his mow-grastinate problem.  He does that every summer when we have a yard!

And so that is today's blog.  Be back Monday!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

What a beautiful post. Full of life and love!