Monday, April 25, 2011

He is Tired...

I have never seen my husband this tired.  He is exhausted.  And he hurt his arm - the one he is holding - so when he tries to rest, it doesn't happen.  I don't know what is going on with it, but he has agreed he needs to go to a Dr.  You know he is hurting if he has agreed a Dr needs to be involved.  Poor baby...


Thank God that job is done.  The job used to be fun for him - but it isn't anymore.  He just wanted it behind him - and now we can say it is over and he can move on.  It is rather amusing to me that he was transferred in January to Tulsa, but this is the end of April and he has yet to make it to the new job or talk to his new boss.  It is time to move on, right?

Venezuela first...  for a quick survey... for the last job - the one he has yet to leave behind.  *sigh*

We got to go spend a few more hours with David and his wife before we came home.  David and Steve used to work together.  They worked hard, fought like dogs and eventually solved problems - but in the end they became very good friends.  I thought I would share a picture of David and his wife Lorraine:


We had a great visit.  We are so glad David and Lorraine are a part of our lives and that we had one more chance to get together.  I think they will be making it up there to see us though, so it wasn't goodbye - just see you later.


We made it back to Morgan City early Saturday afternoon to find out our air conditioner thermostat got broke on the way here.  It cannot be fixed  :-(  and Wal Mart does not sell camper thermostats, so we are without air con until the new one comes in.  We overnighted it, but it doesn't look like it has been shipped yet.  It has been a nice, steamy 2 days.  Haven't I said I *hate* heat??  Lol...  Oh and we are at the same campground and site we were at last time.  The only thing different is our friends, Nancy, Bill and Renee are gone.  Man, that is odd... Sure do miss them. 

Easter was great!  We went to Steph's house and Steve boiled mudbugs.  You have seen pictures of the crawfish before, so I will not share them - just suffice it to say they were good.  The Easter eggs were pretty; punkin' did a great job on them.  I have always loved coloring Easter eggs though I am not sure why, but I will share one of the pictures I took:


Pretty, weren't they?  I just love the cheerful colors.


A tradition when we boil crawfish is for me to make Steph 2 strawberry pies - they look like this:


I make two; one to share with everyone else, and she keeps one.  It has always been a joke - both are supposed to be shared, but somehow someone 'forgets' to take one out of the refrigerator.  Since that is the case, below is a picture of what the one she does share looks like after everyone gets a piece of the pie:


Yup, it is gone.  Every single time.  And I am convinced if we made and shared 5 pies, they would all be gone.  This is not the traditional strawberry pie with glaze - it is much better!  Want the recipe?  Here it is:

The Best Strawberry Pie Ever!

1 pre-baked pie shell
1 pint of fresh strawberries, sliced
1 small box of strawberry Jello
Sugar
2 Tablespoons Corn Starch
1 c water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
Red food coloring (if desired)

Pour strawberry jello into 1 cup measuring cup and fill remainder of cup with sugar.  Pour into pan, add water and corn starch, mix and bring to boil.  Cook for 5 minutes.  Add Vanilla, salt and food coloring.  Pour over strawberries and stir. Pour ingredients into pie pan, place pie in refrigerator and chill. Serve with cool whip.

Make 2 and keep one for yourself!  You will want it.


And finally, summer is here no matter what the calendar says.  Isn't this the perfect picture?


And for some reason, I love this one too:



More later if I don't melt.

Send snow.

3 comments:

Swimtaxi said...

Thanks for the recipe. I hope your dh feels better quickly.

cajunsis said...

Sure! Let me know what you think of it. I think you will enjoy it.

Andrea said...

Surely that strawberry pie made your exhausted husband a little perkier. :) I'm definitely trying that pie. Maybe tomorrow!! :) I can find all of the ingredients here!! Can I share on my recipe blog? Can I even use your photos? I'm sure they are better than any I could take. I'll totally give you credit!!