Saturday, April 30, 2011

Bok! Bok! Cockle Doodle DOOOOooo!


Not time to wake up yet, but it is time to go to sleep!

Just a quick note to say I haven't forgot the blog.  My days are all messed up and I just realized my Friday blog didn't get posted.  We have been blessedly busy enjoying being 'home'!  We went with punkin' to her horse lessons on Friday: 


She is doing pretty darned good if I say so myself!


Today we went to Laurel Valley in Thibodaux.  I got some great pictures there, but it is too late to share tonight.  So, I just grabbed a few of the chickens (they have a little farm there) and am tossing them into the blog.  I love the looking at the chickens and roosters!

This rooster was strutting around acting like he owned the place:



And this hen was plenty mad someone took her egg.  She was letting everyone know she was not happy!  I think she was a tattle tale:


And I love the color of this one:


Weird getting excited about chickens, isn't it?  I have shared chicken pics before... just cool critters.


Soon I will be sharing some of the wonderful antiques I found there.  In the back, behind all the trucks and tractors I found this:


I know, it is a silly picture, but I thought it was cool.

I am beat!  After Laurel Valley we went to a fair.  Even that was great!  It has been nice being here and just resting and hanging out.  Steve is still waiting on his VISA for Venezuela, but working on tying up the ends of the job he just finished.  Soon... very soon... we will be moving.  I hope we are in Oklahoma by mid May.  Holding my breath now... we shall see.

Off to bed, more soon.

No comments: