Tuesday, March 29, 2011

No Pictures Today :-(

Just a quick update about where we are right now - I keep getting lots of questions about it.

The news is we are still here in Mississippi, and he is till working on his job.  The good news is he is actually WORKING on this job.  The shipyard drug their feet and were not ready on him even though they told him they were.  When he got here with his crew to work, they had to do some busy work while they waited on the shipyard to prepare the space for the unit.

The job actually started last Monday, so we are a bit over a week into it.  He should be finished in the next two weeks - he hopes.  Remember I said he had to go after that to Louisiana to tie up the loose ends of this job?  He does... still... but the job he is leaving (the Singapore job) has asked him to do something else for them.  They want him to go to Venezuela to do a survey for them.  Soooo that means, he will still have to go back to Louisiana for a couple weeks and he now has to go to Venezuela for a couple of days to do the survey.

In the meantime, I am going freaking crazy.  I am fine, just bored out of my mind and cannot for the life of me make myself go on an adventure by myself.  It is not fun doing that.  This has been a real challenge for me.  Me?  Sitting still?  God is certainly testing my patience.

Finally, we have started working with a new real estate agent in Tulsa.  We will see how that works.  It is so difficult reading who someone is through e-mails and websites.  Her website is written third person:  The website has "My Bio" with lots of she's and her's - not me and I's.  It is really odd after looking at other agents who boast what is important to them and for their customers.  I am trying to be optimistic but feeling a bit apprehensive.  

The first e-mail had warm fuzzies - the rest have been cut and dried and I find maybe a bit... well they lack warmth.  There is very little interaction, and what we have had has seemed very rushed and... cut and dried.  She did tell me she has "been a full time mulit-million dollar producing agent for 7 years"  but no sweet "you will be looking real soon!"  "how is it going?"  "Are we getting close yet?"  "have you found a house/property you love?"  "looking forward to working with you"...
  
.... nothing.  She sent us 4 listings to begin with.  We went to her site, entered the same criteria we gave her and got dozens of listings.  Steve talked to her that day and commented on the fact she only sent 4 and her own site gave us dozens.  The next day she sent dozens of listings from where we wanted to live to over a hundred miles away with a snarky (?) remark that in order to get what we want, we might have to travel over an hour away and another pointing out that the properties with land had significant price increases... k... like we wouldn't know that... ?

I then sent her an e-mail asking how I would find out when new listings as they came out and it was then she told me that if I would send the cities we would consider she would add us to an auto mail that would update us daily.  Did I really have to *ask* for that?  I mean, the other real estate agent we had worked with seemed excited to help us.  This one... she just seems like we are a *chore* and it seems like I 'feel' the eye rolls.  Not sure what is up with that.  To be honest, I wish we could continue with the other agent - we at least felt like we were worth the effort of working with.  But as I said earlier, maybe it is just because we are working through e-mail.

Am I expecting too much?  *shrug*  I don't know.  I am a bit bummed on this.  Maybe it is just my state of mind, but I think not so much.

Today is one of those days I just want to scream at the top of my lungs, cry and stomp my feet.  I am having a crappy day; I want this part to be behind us and am damned ready to move on.  I have been patient (how long?) and am so OVER it.  He got transferred in January and we still have not even gone to his new job site yet.  While he is working, I am sitting, getting lazy, gaining weight (yes I said it) and I feel horrible physically and mentally.  I hate being alone, hate being out in the middle of nowhere, I am not a shopper and don't like enjoying doing adventures by myself.  This is the pits.  

I am off my soapbox now.  Yes this sounds like a broken record, yes I feel like one.  ;-)

But I keep gazing at the light at the end of the tunnel.  Quit moving it!!!  

Or are you stretching the tunnel?


No comments: