Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Life on the Farm - Thanks David and Lorraine!


We called David's friend and asked if he would like us to bring crawfish to boil this past weekend.  The answer of course was "YES!"

I was going back to  Baton Rouge to go with the girls to see Momma Mia! the Broadway play.  Steve took me to Baton Rough and we met them for lunch, then he left me with them and he went back to Morgan City and scrounged around for two sacks of crawfish.  He finally found them in Houma, went over and got them, went back to Morgan City to get all the fixins and then to storage to get the boiling gear.  By the time we got back to MC, he had been on fast forward for hours - but the mission was accomplished, he was ready to boil. We only had to make the trip back to Mississippi.

We slept at Holiday Inn.  Oh my gosh, was it heaven to have a real bed!!  I slept like a rock!

Sunday morning, he got up early, loaded the loot and went ahead of us to David's.  We followed shortly and when we got there, Steph was in heaven! 


What she didn't realize was that we were going to a FARM!  Lol... 



She was so excited, all she could do was stare at the critters:



When Steve dumped out the bag of crawfish, guess what he found?  A turtle!  



He was a bit unhappy, but he was alive.  Guess who latched onto him?  She took darned good care of him too  :-)  2 days later she took him back to Louisiana and released him in the bayou.  She is such a good care giver of nature:


We got down to business, Steve and David boiled the crawfish and we sat down to eat.  Everyone seemed to love them.  




One of the guys pulled up the trash can.  It was quite awesome.  He even hauled the trash away when we finished eating.



Back to the critters:



Raelee had a great time watching them:
 




 Granny loves this critter!



I hope we find a shed like this one.  I think Steph did too - Todd could put all his car toys in it:



I could look out of my kitchen window at this scene every day and be quite happy:



They had a bluebird house near the garden:
 


Complete with eggs.  Steph found out quite by accident.  No, we didn't touch them.

Yes, life in the country is nice.  Looking forward to finding our place soon.  


Steve's job has finally kicked off good and he is getting the unit in place.  We may get to Oklahoma yet.  He comes in felling quite accomplished every day.

Guess what?  I had so many pictures to post, I will have to post more tomorrow.  Gives me something to blog about though doesn't it?  

See you then!

2 comments:

Swimtaxi said...

I am super jealous about those crawfish!!! I haven't had any yet this season.

Unknown said...

Wow, this is the best site I’ve ever read. Thank you for sharing this.childrens furniture