Monday, March 14, 2011

Huck's Cove

So Steve took me out to eat last night.  The place was called Huck's Cove.  "Only the best for you!", he said... 


I soon knew where I stood:



It even had a security guard:


A security guard picture anyway...


And lounge chairs for the waiting period:



 And a place to put your butts:


Mine didn't fit.


But we weren't quite sure how long we would be waiting:


Or if they would even open for that matter...


Upon further inspection, we found it might be a while:



But we didn't - we actually walked right in!



Took a seat with a view:



And waited:


We actually waited a LONG time to get our orders taken - but even longer to GET our orders.


No worries, Steve really enjoyed "the view":



I was busy enjoying my view - because did I say we waited a L-O-N-G time?  A really long time!




Oh darn, we threw away our old skis... and do you see the Mardi Gras colors?  I had plenty of time to notice plenty of things... 


We waited so long even God seemed to say we should just be leaving... 



It was NOT a fast food place - just like they said  :-(


And as you can plainly see, we didn't leave - and since we waited to so long, I had plenty of time to re-tune my camera skills:


See the moon there?


And I read the signs:




And I decided I was certainly NOT going to take advantage of the facilities:



They were outdoor restrooms in the parking lot.  Literally.  I am not sure what happened to those pictures, but use your imagination, ok?

Also, we found the Mississippi has TWO state birds:  the mosquito and the gnawing gnat.  Yowsers!


Oh well, what can I say except what we always say:


That one is for you Mick!  (notice the sunshine - do you even get that in Siberia?)


The good thing is, I asked to go out for supper - not for an iPad like my sister did:


Thankfully, *I* have more sense than that.

Happy Birthday Shari and Danny.  Tomorrow, you will be one year older!  Why don't you go out to supper?  Maybe your brother-in-law should pick the place.  Love you both!


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh my! Was the food at least good? I certainly hope so! Love you Sis!

BSA Troop 18 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
surprisetriplets said...

That last comment was made with the wrong Login name, so just ignore it:) Just had to throw that iPad in there, didn't you :P Next time I'm asking to go out to dinner. The only thing is, John is too much like Steve so we'd end up somewhere weird:) Love you lots <3