Friday, March 18, 2011

Beach Walking and Angels

Yesterday, Steve and I had to get out.  This camper closes in on me and I think he is feeling the same thing I do.  We decided to head over to Biloxi and walk on the beach.  Once we scoped the area and found a place to park, I grabbed my camera and off we went.  We had not walked 50 steps when we a fighter jet went over us soon followed by several more.  


I paused, snapped a picture and we began our walk:


This continued to happen the entire time we were strolling on the beach - about 2 miles one way.  


I think Steve realized it before I did; these were not normal Air Force fighters - they were actually the Navy Blue Angels!  What a sight!  We think there is an air show here this weekend; but whatever the reason, these babies were all over the place!








And I was able to get a few great shots!
 

Yep, the Blue Angels are pretty darned impressive!  I think they must love their job...


As we were walking enjoyed the 'air show' and rest of the beach.  We saw some other great sights:






I found a sandy-dandy-lion:



Heck, I even found my house:



Complete with a view - this was the view from the front door on the other (our side) of the street:


Yeah, life would be tough.  All kidding aside, it would not be so pretty when a hurricane came in; it was one of the few left standing on beach road. I think we will still head to Oklahoma!


And last but not least, we found Ann's lost shoe.

Maybe.

I keep trying.  Ann?  Is this it??




On a very sad note:

Another little angel was sent to heaven yesterday.  Last night we got news from our hometown in Louisiana that someone left work at the end of the day and went to pick up her 5 month old from the baby sitter.  When she got there, she found out she had never brought the child in.  Sadly, the baby was left in the car the entire day.  They were not able to revive the infant.  That family has been on my mind and in my prayers since I found out about the tragedy last night.  Please keep them in your prayers.  I cannot imagine what the family is going through.  My heart is breaking for them.


I cannot judge the lady for what happened.  I can only pray for her and her family.  I hope others are gentle with her. She has to live with this the rest of her life.  The community, loved ones, friends and neighbors don't need to crucify her - she will do that herself for the rest of her life.  She needs love and support right now as does the rest of the family.  

And many, many prayers.


No comments: